ACOPM members include doctorate licensed health care practitioners, non-doctorate licensed health care practitioners, certified and non-certified professionals, researchers and educators, and retired professionals in all of these categories. Practitioners are classified in one of four groups—professional, associate, student and international.
- Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.)
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
- Doctor of Naturopathy (N.D.)
- Doctor of Naprapathy (D.N.)
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine (O.M.D.)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Doctor of Pharmacology (Pharm. D.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (D.P.T.)
- Doctor of Podiatry (D.P.M.)
- Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.)
- Acupuncturists (L.Ac.)
- Athletic Trainers (A.T.C.)
- Dietitians (L.D.N.), (R.D.)
- Exercise Physiologists
- Massage Therapists (M.T.)
- Nurses (R.N.)
- Occupational Therapists (O.T.)
- Occupational Therapy Assistants (O.T.A.)
- Personal Trainers
- Physical Therapists (P.T.)
- Physical Therapy Assistants (P.T.A.)
- Reiki Therapists
- Social Workers (M.S.W.)
Membership is open to all students enrolled in a college or school with emphasis on connective tissue utilizing physical or functional medicine. Students enrolled in a career program, an undergraduate program, graduate program, post doctoral training program or fellowship will be eligible for membership in this category during the years of study. Documentation of student status should be provided by a letter from a mentor or from the educational institution at which the student is enrolled. Join ACOPM today.
International Members (Professional/Associate)
Membership is open to any health care practitioners outside the United States who have graduated or has completed training from a recognized institution. Professional Membership includes the following health care professionals: Allopathic (M.D.), Chiropractic (D.C.), Dentistry (D.D.S.) Homeopathic (M.D.H)., Naprapathic (D.N)., Naturopathic, Oriental (O.M.D.) Osteopathic (D.O.), Pharmacology (D. Pharm), Professional Counselors (Ph.D), Podiatric (D.P.M.) and educators and researchers in the area of Physical or Functional Medicine. International Associate Membership candidates include all forms of manual medicine such as athletic and personal trainers, massage therapists, physical therapists and assistants, occupational therapists and assistants, Reike therapist and reflexologists.Join ACOPM today.
ACOPM Membership Requirements
Regardless of the classification, an ACOPM member must meet these criteria:
- Hold a certificate of program completion, career programs, associates, bachelors, masters or doctoral degrees from and institution accredited by an accreditation board recognized by United States Department of Education, United States Department of Higher Education, or from an international institution with equivalent standards.
- Have demonstrated expertise in the field of Physical Medicine or Functional Medicine as evidenced by the teaching of Physical Medicine (Allopathic, Osteopathic, Chiropractic, Naprapathic, Naturopathic, Podiatric, Physical Therapy, Massage Therapy, Acupuncture, Athletic Training, Personal Training, and nutrition related patient care), or through job experience, or peer review publications in the area of any of these disciplines.
As a member of ACOPM, practitioners receive a number of compelling benefits.
- Access to information about critical tools and breakthrough technologies, new techniques and practitioner perspectives drawn from the broad spectrum of physical and functional medicine worldwide.
- Opportunities for real-time collaboration and support from others involved in multiple disciplines around the globe who are committed to the application of physical and functional medicine. These connections can lead to practice-changing relationships and life-changing treatment and care for patients.
- Partnerships with others committed to helping ACOPM achieve ambitious goals for physical and functional medicine.
- Opportunities to participate in the development of ACOPM’s educational programming.
- Reduced registration fees for scientific/clinical meetings.
- Access to comprehensive and sophisticated CME/CEU courses.
- Ongoing communication with ACOPM designed to ensure member awareness of practice development trends, timely news from the physical and functional medicine community generally, governmental and industry activity, and news about upcoming ACOPM courses, certification programs and meetings.
- Opportunities to participate in the ACOPM advocacy, governance and scientific/clinical programs as well as standing committees and councils.
- The opportunity to be included in ACOPM online databases. These databases are used by our corporate supporters and other groups to connect with physical medicine and functional medicine practitioners worldwide.
Annual Membership Dues
|1 Year||Multi Year Discount|
|Student Membership||$50.00||Not Available|
|Professional Membership – Retired||$50.00||Not Available|
International Membership Dues
|1 Year||Multi Year Discount|